Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss New bathroom sink taps problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Conzo

Hi guys. New here.
I've got a new set of bathroom sink taps but the threaded section is too big to fit the pipe.
I've seen "conex Reducing Couplers" advertised in Screwfix. Is this what I need to fit the taps?
Any help/advice gratefully received.
Thanks

Hello Conzo,

Yes, it would do but if I were you I would most likely put a isolation valve in and connect it up with flex hoses it's an easy and fast way to connect your basin up.

What sort of threaded pipe have you got is that 3/4" ?

You can get for sure a flex hose 3/4" to 1/2" compression. So it's an very easy and fast job. I guess it takes longer to drive to the shop rather then doing the job.

Just 2 small copper pipe piece on the compression site and tight it up with plumbing compound around the olive. So you make sure it's sealed.

Hope it was helpful

Brilliant, Matchless.plumb. Thanks for taking the time and for your advice.

I was wondering too but I had few times 3/4" too on basin taps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New bathroom sink taps problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. Can anyone help me get into this tap? I have them on the bathroom sink and bath and 2 out of 4 are dripping. I've have had two plumbers in to...
Replies
Views
I had new taps fitted within the last year on my bathroom sink. When turning on both the hot or cold tap, there is a vibration/squeaking noise, if...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock