Discuss Never ASSUME. It makes an [bum] out of [U] and [ME.] in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tamz

Joiner mate phoned me last week, he's doing a kitchen and laying new oak flooring in a house, could i disconnect the old sink and run a gas for the hob.
No problem. Empty house so i disconnects the sink had a look at the gas and there is a carcass behind where the new hob will be. Hunky dory. Geez a phone when you are ready for me.
He phoned Wednesday, everything ready for me could i catch it before the end of the week as they want to move in over the weekend.
"Busy mate but i'll catch it late Friday afternoon, drop me a key in."

Stopped in about half 4 tonight, connects up the sink and hob, turned on the hob...............no gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole downstairs has been done in oak flooring and i need under the floor..........awe fk!!!!!!!!!!! I had visions of ripping the new floor up to get under then had a moment of light.

Pulled the carpet up on the half landing of the stairs, cut a hatch, jumped in and cut another hatch. Solumn 3 -4 brick high and i need to get to the other side of the house.

Now the last time i could fit through 3 brick high i was about 18 but though i'll give it a go.
Managed to get about 10 ft in ripping the skin from my back and tearing my nipples off, just enough to see whoever had fitted the boiler has cut the old cooker carcass off (pr ick) and thought enough of this.
Phoned a wee skelf mate who could fit in 3 brick high with his donkey jacket on he comes round and managed to get through to connect it up.
Cost me a monkey and a few pints but it was worth it.

Morral of the story. Never assume anything! :lol:

you may think you still can, your body just proves you cant for you though, :)'

Agreed....and its the first mention of a "donkey Jacket" i've heard in years.... they used to be everywhere, what ever happened to them.

Joiner mate phoned me last week, he's doing a kitchen and laying new oak flooring in a house, could i disconnect the old sink and run a gas for the hob.
No problem. Empty house so i disconnects the sink had a look at the gas and there is a carcass behind where the new hob will be. Hunky dory. Geez a phone when you are ready for me.
He phoned Wednesday, everything ready for me could i catch it before the end of the week as they want to move in over the weekend.
"Busy mate but i'll catch it late Friday afternoon, drop me a key in."

Stopped in about half 4 tonight, connects up the sink and hob, turned on the hob...............no gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole downstairs has been done in oak flooring and i need under the floor..........awe fk!!!!!!!!!!! I had visions of ripping the new floor up to get under then had a moment of light.

Pulled the carpet up on the half landing of the stairs, cut a hatch, jumped in and cut another hatch. Solumn 3 -4 brick high and i need to get to the other side of the house.

Now the last time i could fit through 3 brick high i was about 18 but though i'll give it a go.
Managed to get about 10 ft in ripping the skin from my back and tearing my nipples off, just enough to see whoever had fitted the boiler has cut the old cooker carcass off (pr ick) and thought enough of this.
Phoned a wee skelf mate who could fit in 3 brick high with his donkey jacket on he comes round and managed to get through to connect it up.
Cost me a monkey and a few pints but it was worth it.

Morral of the story. Never assume anything! :lol:
a monkey?????? Is a monkey the same up there as down here?

Ahhh but was his confined space ticket up to date...lol regards Turnpin:furious3:

Wee Drew still has one :lol:
I think he must get them special made or he nicked a load of them years ago :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Never ASSUME. It makes an [bum] out of [U] and [ME.] in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock