Search the forum,

Discuss Neptune mixer tap lever in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spiderman

I have a Neptune kitchen mixer tap which is dripping but I can't get the hot lever off even though I have taken out the grub screw. I have done the same with the the cold two and it came off really easy. Any advice please as I don't want to damage the lever by just putting a screwdriver underneath the hot rubber sea

Hi
thanks do I spray around the outside to start with as there's no way inside

try some in the grub screw hole

then its a case of brute force as most other methods will cause some marking

Or write it off and get a new tap with a guarantee

I've got the lever off but now can't turn the nut holding the cartridge in place as ive only got an adjustable spanner. Anybody got any tips and do you turn the hot anti clockwise as well

the hot will undo the same way as the cold i.e. anti clockwise. to get it moving i would use the adjustables with a hammer to give it a start only one or two sharp taps should be enough though

I use a deep impact socket and impact driver every time. Works a charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Neptune mixer tap lever in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock