Discuss Neomitis digital thermostat dead in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

The thermostat is not showing a display even after new batteries are inserted. I've tried poutting the batteries in for five secs in reverse polarity as suggested online. Nothing. Heating does not come on unless I press the Override button, on the wall-mounted display by the boiler. Does the thermostat actually activate the heating coming on and off? Can I run the heating by pressing the override button? All advice welcome.

Yes the thermostat brings the heating on and off and regulates the heat to satisfy the room temperature. The override button is used for situations like this where the thermostat has become inoperable. I suggest new thermostat time unless anyone on here knows different or neomitis technical helpline.

I suggest new thermostat time unless anyone on here knows different
A bit of a Hail Mary pass, but before buying a replacement it's worth checking that the 'new' batteries are good and installed with the correct polarity. You can't use rechargeable batteries with these models, use good quality, e.g. Duracell, AA batteries from a supermarket so you are sure they are not 'fakes'.

I don't like the sound of 'batteries in for five secs in reverse polarity as suggested online'. If anything is going to damage the product that will. A safer method to 'reboot' the device is to remove the batteries and then wait at least 30 seconds, as specified in the maker's instructions.

Yes the thermostat brings the heating on and off and regulates the heat to satisfy the room temperature. The override button is used for situations like this where the thermostat has become inoperable. I suggest new thermostat time unless anyone on here knows different or neomitis technical helpline.
Thank you. That confirms what I had feared. Hope to get new thermostat on Monday.

A bit of a Hail Mary pass, but before buying a replacement it's worth checking that the 'new' batteries are good and installed with the correct polarity. You can't use rechargeable batteries with these models, use good quality, e.g. Duracell, AA batteries from a supermarket so you are sure they are not 'fakes'.

I don't like the sound of 'batteries in for five secs in reverse polarity as suggested online'. If anything is going to damage the product that will. A safer method to 'reboot' the device is to remove the batteries and then wait at least 30 seconds, as specified in the maker's instructions.
Thank you! Will try.

Reply to Neomitis digital thermostat dead in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm hoping for some advice. We have a very ancient thermostat for our radiators in a very old building. This morning there was no heat and...
Replies
Views
Good Morning. I've been having an issue for a couple of days, that my nest thermostat is demanding heat, but the boiler does not activate...
Replies
Views
So I've used a wireless thermostat to activate my heating since installation, but it's just stopped working (Blank screen, no new battery's fixed...
Replies
Views
. . . Honeywell CM927 Thermostat Ethos 54C (Condensing Combination Boiler) I set the Thermostat to 26°C (79°F). The boiler fires up and heats...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock