Search the forum,

Discuss Negative Head Pump with small tanks - is it even possible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rodolphe

A customer living in a flat wants to be able to take a shower and therefore needs a negative head pump. SOME flow rate would make them happy, doesn't have to be very strong.

However they have 2 small, crappy, plywood-insulated tanks located side by side in their cupboard (so an added benefit is that their cold water gets lukewarm and their immersion heater is set to 75 degrees in order to compensate for the cold water tank cooling the hot water).

These tanks are small. No way do they reach 50 gallons, more probably about 10.

Is there anything that can be done without having to install a complete new cold/hot tanks system which they can't afford?

I would not think so as even for a 1 bar pump 50 gallons is the absolute minimum. Also if they are heating with an immersion the recovery time will be pants. Looks like they will have to save up.

When you start adding it up on a job like this you start to wonder how much it would cost to fit a combi which would solve all the problems in one go.

It will be at least £400 just for a nice Stuart Turner pump . . .

Yes, pretty much where I was at.

What about a power shower then? I can't find min tank size requirements...

But bare in mind even with a good electric shower the install is not cheap.

The electric side can be quite expensive especially if you need an RCD on the consumer unit!

Basically if you have a newish consumer unit then it may not break the bank but still check it out . . . ;.

I have had an electric shower install run to £900 before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Negative Head Pump with small tanks - is it even possible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just a quick question. I have a log burner and a gas boiler on a dual fuel system (Central heating and Hot Water) either can do both. The hot water tank I believe is a closed system but is on the same level as the bath. Therefore as you might guess the water pressure at the bath even on...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external wall) which for the most part seems to provide excellent hot water. The central heating also works fine - though sometimes I think the radiuators...
Replies
Views
I have a negative head twin impeller Stuart Turner pump feeding hot and cold to three showers, one bath, plus hot to three basin's from my gravity fed, loft cold water tank and airing cupboard hot water tank. Occasionally the pump operates for a couple of seconds without demand for water. More...
Replies
Views
This sounds like an examination question but it really is a problem two different plumbers have been unable to resolve after spending several hours studying my hot water system. My flat has a vented hot water system supplying hot water to the kitchen and bathroom taps. The pump is a Stuart...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock