Discuss Need to renew 17yr old combi boiler. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Renewing 17yr old Gloworm combi boiler, running dom h/w and 15 rads, 40% are doubles. Water flow from stop valve has been measured as 6L p/m, is that enough to run system effectively?

That will be the domestic hot water plate heat exchanger partially blocked so the boiler cannot loose it's temperature it is creating, so cycles on and off , I would be recommending a replacement as at 17 years old it's well overdue.

Reply to Need to renew 17yr old combi boiler. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Boiler broke over Xmas and needs replacing and I’m tempted to move away from our 1985 gravity fed system and get a combi as many other parts of...
Replies
Views
Jack Canfield
J
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
I've got a non condensing Glowworm Ultimate with gravity tank and hot Water tank in a 4 bed house. 11 radiators 1 double 1400mm length 1 P+...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi, We have a Kinetico 2020c HE Water Softener, fitted in 2008 in our loft to the cold water tank in a vented system with a conventional boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock