Search the forum,

Discuss Need to remove flush to wall toilet... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soapsuds

HI,

I am new here so I hope this is the right place to post. I am an experienced DIYer having done most jobs in my own house over the past 35 years. My nephew has recently moved into a new-to-him house. In the bathroom is a flush to wall toilet and close coupled cistern Picture below.

17669384912_d8fb4ecd87_c.jpg

The only fixings I can see are the ones that hold the pan to the bracket fixed to the floor. No pipework is visible. The cistern is not fixed to the wall either - I assume it should be...

How is the water supply fitted? By a flexible connector? I can't see any other way it can be - or am I missing something.

I need to replace the flooring. That is the reason for removal, as the existing floor covering runs under the pan. There is no visible water cut off but I can cut the supply off elsewhere. I can't see an overflow either. Is this internal and fed back into the soil pipe somehow?

Sorry for all the questions but I can't find much information on the web as I don't know what make the pan is. Any advice will be most welcome. many thanks!

Ralph.

Hi Ralph

Welcome along

I would imagine for ease the cistern is plumbed to cold using a flexible hose which will allow you some movement to adjust the toilet or make repairs.

I would say it'll be a little trial by fire undo the two side screws and potentially screws through the cistern into the wall. Then give the loo a wobble to see if it's been siliconed down or not.

Regarding the overflow 99% Of newer toilets now overflow into themselves and down into the pan

I hope this helps

^ as above 'top advice' from riley. Just slowly wriggle it forward. Those toilets look great , the make cleaning easy, but are a first class pain in the **** to fix leaks etc

The water supply may enter the back of the cistern.

If you lift the cistern lid you may see the valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need to remove flush to wall toilet... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A few years ago I installed a wall hung toilet pan in my last house which did not flush well when disposing of waste solids. The water would rise up to the rim then dissipate and usually required further flushing to complete the disposal. I don't recall the brand but the wall mounting frame was...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern off and this is what I see. I'm assuming the issue is with the silicon gasket (please see attached photos) but can't seem to find a replacement...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I turned the screw on the cistern pipe to stop the water. I removed all the silicon around the toilet, now I can easily lift up the Front panel but...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low level of water in the cistern, I flushed a couple of times. Then I let go of the float ball and the cistern was filled. I didn't do or change...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Was looking for some innovative ideas from you all.šŸ˜Š Iā€™m renovating a bathroom in a flat. The soil, hot & cold water pipe runs stops me from butting the new toilet cisten flush to the wall. I was hoping to use a flexible waste to help me get closer but the pipes stop this option. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock