Search the forum,

Discuss Need a hand? Plumbing or Pipefitting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

BVS

Hello
My name is Brendon Vince-Sheridan.
I have recently finished my C&G level 2 6129 technical certificate, however I still have 4 exams to do.
I was training with BTSC in Chessington until they were kicked out of their premises due to non payment of rent.
They sent info out to students telling us they are re-locating and training will continue shortly (about a week or 2).
4 months later they still havnt opened and have started ignoring my phone calls and e-mails.
I then hear city and guilds have pulled out of there agreement and they can no longer offer
the training I signed up & paid for.

The next letter comes from the Plumbing Academy in Edenbridge telling me my training has been transferred to them from BTSC, and to contact them to discuss the continuation of the training. First phone call i explained i had a letter blah blah blah, they said i need to speak to the person who sent the letter who is Darren Scott (centre manager), over the next 5 weeks, 7 phone calls and 8 e-mails i sill haven't been able to get hold of Darren (although he sent me the letter asking me to contact him).

I have e-mailed BTSC who said the Plumbing Academy has my portfolio etc, i have the Plumbing Academy who said they have never received it nor do they know anything about BTSC??? (lies).
My next route is to contact city and guilds directly to see if they have it, its a long shot because if they do it meant BTSC actually did something right and sent it off, which i cant see happening.

So I have 3 things to ask/share,

1- has anyone else been in this situation? did u get your work or your money back?

2- Steer clear of these 2 businesses, Building Trade Skills Center or BTSC now closed & The Plumbing Academy in Edenbridge. They are very rude, very incompetent, they lose students work, never reply to phone calls or e-mails and the ex director of BTSC Richard Hunt is now working for them, (I give it a year before they go into administration/liquidation or receivership, you heard it here first).

3- Is there anyone out there who sympathizes with me, and can offer me a work placement of any type.
Weather it be a apprenticeship, work experience of any type or a plumbers mate (i make a mean cup of tea lol)

I live in Eltham SE London but drive and have a car, im willing to go anywhere really (within reason).
Im 26 years old, like i said i have training experience i can do basic such as bending, cutting, threading, soldering, welding, lead bashing, guttering, I worked with copper, iron and push fit, we installed complete bathrooms and kitchens (no gas work), i have also since i left college re-fitted a friends bathroom which he paid me for, he was happy with the results and i can provide his number for a reference if required. I have also changed taps, showers and shower heads and fixed a FOV for my nan.
Im even willing to work for free as long as I learn something, i would also like to gain my NVQ lv 2 but that depends if my portfolio can be found.

Would be great to hear from anyone in my position or anyone who has been though this.

Thank you in advance

Brendon Vince-Sheridan

What a painful read, I feel for you BVS.

The good news is you still wouldn't be able to get a job even if you had the 6129 cert. Lets hope all of these rouge trainers go under before they steal of anyone else.

Thanks Phil,

May i ask why i wouldnt be able to get work with the 6129 cert?
Is this because it has been replaced with the 6189? or because i would need the level 3 and both the nvq's?
Or as i guess it is, are all these courses are useless and the only real way to become a plumber is by doing a apprenticeship?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need a hand? Plumbing or Pipefitting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock