Search the forum,

Discuss Narrow copper soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hollyander

Apparently, we have a copper soil pipe with a diameter of approx 900 mm. We are installing a new shower and need to attach waste to the soil pipe, but due to it being made of copper, ii understand that will not be possible. Is there a way to cut the pipe take out a section and insert a plastic section in its place, as all that I can see online are 1100 mm? Thanks

900mm? Thats 36 INCHES!

Did you mean 90mm? Even so, stripping it out will probably give you more than enough in scrap value to pay to have it replaced in plastic, as per Steve's response above.

Get a plumber in who knows what he is doing. A connection is easy enough if they have the knowledge and skills. Btw they will generally be 50 +

A decent plumber will knock a tee into the 90mm in no time.

Where abouts are you based?
you should be able to source someone from here who has the skill set :)

Thanks Steve. Error well spotted, is 90 not 900! Actually, I think it's 93.4 or thereabouts. What is the scrap value of a copper soil pipe that diameter? It's a 2 storey house...
900mmm diameter best to rip it out for scrap and fit a new plastic stack

You're right, I meant 90, but it is actually close to 93.4 in fact. Good spot anyway!

dont think i would francy doing one in situdifferent onsite and openneed gas bottles as well anyway i dont know where my bent bolt is

My bent bolt is in a box in the garage along with my lead caulking gear. Not seen the light of day for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Narrow copper soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet spigot, so I want to install a wall-hung toilet on a frame to get some extra height. To put it where I want it though, I'll need to rotate the bottom...
Replies
Views
Hi An idiot Bathroom fitter has cut down a soil pipe and fitted an AAV valve, then placed a built in bathroom cabinet with the soil pipe in the corner unit making the only easy way to access anywhere near the soil pipe by reaching up from where the kicker board goes. You can see from the photo...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, I'll start by saying I'll be getting a plumber out to do this but wanted some advice first. We're redoing our ground floor bathroom this year and want to move the toilet to another wall as part of that. I've cracked open the boxing around the old toilet today to see what's going on behind...
Replies
Views
I need to cap off an old lead water pipe in the garden as I have an new MDPE pipe water supply. I have a Screwfix FLOMASTA COMPRESSION REDUCING LEAD TO COPPER COUPLER 7LB 1 X 15MM (53125) A piece of 15 mm copper pipe. A FLOMASTA SOLDER RING STOP ENDS 15MM 10 PACK (68435) Obviously just one of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock