Discuss Myson Apollo 30/50 - cycles on and off every 30 seconds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just moved into my first home :). I am having alot of trouble with the boiler unfortunately. It is a Myson Apollo 30/50 installed 1988.

So I appreciate this is an old boiler to say the least and I know I need to plan to get it replaced, probably before next winter. However, I'd like to know if I have any options for now.

The timer on the boiler is broken so I have it set to continuous with the thermostat set at 15c when I am away and 20c when I am in. This did work well for a while, but now I am finding when I set it to 20c the boiler fires, heats up the house as normal and then goes off. Great, no problems.

Then however about 30 minutes later it will fire again and this is when it gets stuck in an endless loop. It fires for 20 seconds, goes off for 30 seconds, comes back on for 20 seconds. The cycle goes on and on seemingly forever until I turn down the thermostat.

If I turn it down to say 18c it will do the same thing after a little while later. It seems to stop cycling at around 16c.

I have had a Gas Safe engineer attend and performed a full service. But the issue remains. The engineer was not able to repeat the fault at the time. He commented however such an issue would be very difficult to solve.

I figured I would ask for help on here to see if anyone has any advice on what the problem might be or where I can look, or give an engineer a "steer" on what the problem could be. Would appreciate any thoughts anyone has :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Myson Apollo 30/50 - cycles on and off every 30 seconds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock