Discuss My shower won't turn off after replacing the thermostatic cartridge. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I've just replaced an Ultra SASF2 – M thermostatic shower cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temperature sensor.

My problem is this: If I install the thermostatic cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temp sensor (i.e. do the job properly), the shower runs warm but it will only run at full flow. I cannot reduce the flow or turn the shower off. Turning the flow handle has absolutely no effect.

However, if I install just the thermostatic cartridge and leave out the spring mechanism and the temp sensor, the flow handle works perfectly and I can control the flow from full to zero or anywhere in between. The snag is that, without the spring mechanism and the temp sensor, the water will only run cold.

Can anybody tell me what's wrong?

Attachments

• thermostatic shower cartridge.jpg
    thermostatic shower cartridge.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Reply to My shower won't turn off after replacing the thermostatic cartridge. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my Bristan 1901 Thermostatic Exposed Dual Control Shower (Top Outlet). I have removed the cap and screw but...
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
I'm attempting to replace an ultra SASF2 – M thermostatic shower cartridge but, having removed the temperature control knob from the housing that...
Replies
Views
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in...
Replies
Views
D
I’m wanting to replace the single handle cartridge on my basement shower since it no longer allows hot water (sink in same bathroom works fine). I...
Replies
Views
DIYSAM
D
Hi I'm looking for a replacement thermostatic cartridge for this shower which was purchase in 2018 from Victorian Plumbing. The stock code was...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock