Search the forum,

Discuss My first light commercial boiler install guidance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick6588

Gas Engineer
I'm entering into a realm of plumbing I have never experienced before and need a little help!!!
im installing a worcester bosch gb162-50kw, I have the worcester bosch pump set that comes with it as well. The existing heating system is in 35mm copper and is fully pumped gravity fed. The customer wants a pressurised system. I plan to use 42mm copper for first 3m from boiler on the flow and return then reduce to 35mm and join existing circuit.
Firstly the installation instructions seem vague about the electrical connections from the pump set to the boiler, there are 2 wires to connect however one connection on the pump, the pump has its own power lead but no where on pcb to wire it in. As far as I can work out the 3 pin connector I have left over should be the power to the pump, so do I unwire the plugged connector and wire the pump and into that part of pcb??

also the mi's for the pump set state a bypass is not needed but the the mi's for the boiler state one is needed, what to do?

Finally as its only a single boiler do I need to install a low loss header? I have not used or worked with a llh.

any help much appreciated

thanks nick

are you commercial gas safe ?

Hey, no, I'm a gas safe engineer but domestic side. The boiler is sold as large domestic/light commercial and is being installed in a large privately owned house.

As above.

Opening the door on a GB162 constitutes gas work so get your badge up. I will then reopen and move this thread for you.

And answer any question about one of my favourite boilers you can think of asking.

Thread moved and reopened as Nick now has his badge up.

What rating is the boiler Nick?

It's a 50kw, I have done my pipe sizing and its under the purge amount for commercial and the max gas rate is 5.04 m cubed and hour so the G4 can cope as their are no other gas appliances. WB technical and my gas safe inspector both said I'm fine on a domestic card

It's a 50kw, I have done my pipe sizing and its under the purge amount for commercial and the max gas rate is 5.04 m cubed and hour so the G4 can cope as their are no other gas appliances. WB technical and my gas safe inspector both said I'm fine on a domestic card

i allways classed the 162 as a commercial boiler which doesnt matter the rating means you need a commercial ticket to install one maybe wrong tho

be cropp will know

It's changed since WB rebadged it. I've been working on these since they were all Buderus.

These work better with a low loss header, whether singly or in a cascade.

Have you bought the pump set or wiring in an external pump?

right ask away
whats the system like ?
already pressurized ?
whats the rads cast iron or new ish ?
you cleaning the system?

right ask away
whats the system like ?
already pressurized ?
whats the rads cast iron or new ish ?
you cleaning the system?

On top of that, you aware of the cost of a commercial sized magnetic filter?

Bum clenching doesn't come close!

Pump set , system installed in 2002, was a gravity fed system, system will be cleaned before commissioning, it's a large job I have 3 rads which are moving and 4 bathrooms to refurb, house currently empty.

On top of that, you aware of the cost of a commercial sized magnetic filter?

Bum clenching doesn't come close!

dont look at a adey one you might fall over :D but there great

Really? Not used before, but figured an all brass body is would be good as it won't degrade like plastic with the heat and cooling etc?

Really? Not used before, but figured an all brass body is would be good as it won't degrade like plastic with the heat and cooling etc?

is there a black sleeve on it ? if not defo bin it (magnet inside is about 1" dia and 1/2" )

Yeah black magnet slips over outside, got a price on boiler mag, Ā£500,

not to bad but honest opinion wouldn't trust it

get a price on a adey 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My first light commercial boiler install guidance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and Iā€™m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock