Search the forum,

Discuss my builder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallon1982

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Morning chaps

A local builder I do the odd plumbing job for said he used MyBuilder quite a bit to take on bits and pieces in quiet spots.

All you do is show interest in job leads that get posted - If the customer likes the look of your profile/reviews they shortlist you. Then you "should" get the chance to quote for the work... SHOULD...

Thought i'd give it a go - First job I was shortlisted for I won. Only a little £100 job but still £100 right?

I showed interest in several jobs last week - £15+ each for bathroom quotes x4. Contacted these 4 customers and booked appointments to go and quote. All 4 of these either told me they had found a plumber elsewhere or cancelled before I went round there!

How on earth can this be a genuine lead? MyBuilder say thats how it works but I'm not having it. Why should I pay £60+ for leads I haven't even been given the chance to quote for.

Had a few heated discussions with them and they say they won't refund the leads so looks like I stand to take a loss. Anyone else had any experiences with them? Not sure what would happen if I just refuse to pay the invoice for these leads?

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, incase any of you were thinking of giving it a go.

Have a good day

The reason you probably didn't get a chance to quote the jobs is because the customer would have been contacted by numerous, maybe dozens, of interested contractors.

Years ago I signed up to one of these mobs, and unless you sit at your computer and contact the customer almost instantly, you will be too far down the line for any customer interest.

That's the way these mobs make money - sell leads for a price, the more they sell the more money they make.

Leaches with references on the website from their mates for a pint.

Race to the bottom in quality and price.

Too many of them around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to my builder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock