Discuss must it be capped off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

burnleyboy

i recently attended a call out to a faulty water boiler, it had been isolated at the gas valve and warning signs posted but not capped off. is this illegal?

no i dont think it needed to be capped off. its normally an immidate risk to life or property you need to cap off

water on burner> it will affect combustion> combustion issues id in a ideal WORLD CAPPED OFF

I cap it and slap it , if its id theres no point telling joe public " its dangerous now im going to turn this off, make sure you dont turn it back on when im gone now will you" if its ID make sure it cant be turned on again.

I had this on a main balanced flue pulled the case of not realising it was full to the brim and got soaked , I dont think it would relight even if i wanted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to must it be capped off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back