Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss multiple showers conundrum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

drpop77

Hi all,
First time on the forum so be gentle!
Ive been asked to come up with a solution to replacing 4 Mira Elite ST showers plus a Gainsboro shower in a student residence. only the Gainsboro runs off the mains, the rest are off tanks and have integral pumps, but keep failing and the landlord is getting a bit fed up.
We have discussed the posibility of boosting the water supply or putting in an unvented cylinder. ive not come across this scenario before and would appreciate some ideas.

4 electric showers?

The gravity pumped electric showers are not the most reliable and cost a lot of money. You could fit standard electric showers but would require a really high cold mains pressure that probably wouldn't cope with the demand.

to overcome this a storage tank sized accordingly could be fitted in the loft with a single pump feeding the electric showers.

Doing away with 4 pumped showers and having 1 pump do them all.

A unvented system would be the other option based on the property having the correct water flow and pressure.

But I the system had correct flow pressure to satisfy 4 showers on an unvented setup then you could instead just fit 4 electric showers.

But if the existing tank is big enough just fit a pump ad some elec showers like plumber stated.

Last edited:
Thanks, i reckon im goin to suggest we go down the unvented route as the landlord is keen to get rid of the existing storage tanks in the 3rd storey loft space due to a recent overflow causing internal damage. any idea if i can put a boosted water kit onto an unvented cylinder?

Boosted water kit do you mean a break tank and pump? But the landlord wants to do away with the tank set up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to multiple showers conundrum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock