Search the forum,

Discuss multikwik multiflush setting up button in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

handsomejackuk

Have just installed a new toilet and Multikwik multiflush valve...

Catalogue - Multikwik

107.jpg

what i wanted to know is about the settings on the multiflush valve, and on the button... the cistern height i have adjusted to just below the overflow... approx 10 litres of water... now i have the 3 litre float set at full height, as this gives me a quicker fill for a 3 litre approx flush... this takes about 45 seconds... now when i give a full flush 10 litres.. the valve does'nt stay open all the time unless i hold the button in.. either button 1 or button 3.. is this normal....???

now what i also noticed on the button is a clicky adjuster what does this do ?? is this to allow more time delay on the long flush press...??

how does the flush determine between a short flush or a long one... is this done by the different buttons, or is it the time the buttons are kept pressed...

i cant see how two buttons, and a single cable can give two types of flush...

only thing i can think is the clicky adjuster on the part that the button attaches too has some sort of time delay spring...

please explain how it works...

how is the valve kept open..(big flush). is it by keeping the button pressed (user holding the button) ,and the cistern being completely emptied, or does the button automatically hold in longer.. if so why two buttons.... why not just one button...does this make sense... someone must know how these duo flush things are supposed to operate...

Last edited by a moderator:
theres a depth setting inside the button which can tell what you have pressed.

also the yellow sliding plate adjusts the full flush quiantity.

i think the yellow screw head on top adjusts half flush

Al

and if i post again my posts to to 93, almost enough for the arms lol

theres a depth setting inside the button which can tell what you have pressed.

also the yellow sliding plate adjusts the full flush quiantity.

i think the yellow screw head on top adjusts half flush

Al
you right with the two adjustments i have timed the half flush and less time obviously means less water i worked that one out..and i could see the water level less..... the slider thing though... it either works full flush all the time, or half flush no height adjustment.... as for the button i will get that off tomorrow. and try the depth thing..so the deeper the button... the big flush will work then... ???

i know there must be something on the button i let you knows how i gets on...

i would avoid disconnecting the button on these, you will ware out the plastic pop on bit.
unless its the spring loaded style, you would be ok.

doesnt the slider control go from 1 to 5 for example ?
Al

there no definite clicks on the slider... its open or closed gradual... so that 3 adjusters now..!!!. how is the button depth adjusted...? what effect does it have....???

you use the adjustments on the flush valve.

what i am saying about the button is when you press either button, the lever inside (connected to bicycle cable) will move either for example, 3mm for half, 6mm for full, look at the button pin length you will see a difference when you push button.

Al

i have took the button out today, and altered it so that the float comes up half way or all the way when looking at it in the cistern.. also took the valve apart at least 5 times, and it is definitely put back together correct there is no wrong way to put it back together.. but it still wont flush half or full,,, i measured accurately 80 mm down from the water level with thw slider thing. and set the 3litre float to the water line.. i beginning to think these things are just too complicated.. all the bits are inside but i cant even see how the cable pulls the float up... and what does that grey plastic but behind the slider window do ? i can understand that when water gets in that grey bit floats up but what does it do. ??

its beyond me...

i have took the button out today, and altered it so that the float comes up half way or all the way when looking at it in the cistern.. also took the valve apart at least 5 times, and it is definitely put back together correct there is no wrong way to put it back together.. but it still wont flush half or full,,, i measured accurately 80 mm down from the water level with thw slider thing. and set the 3litre float to the water line.. i beginning to think these things are just too complicated.. all the bits are inside but i cant even see how the cable pulls the float up... and what does that grey plastic but behind the slider window do ? i can understand that when water gets in that grey bit floats up but what does it do. ??

its beyond me...

Seems Alanc is the only person that knows how this works...out of all the plumbers on this forum... i surprised no one else knows..... i can see how the thing is lifted now. . But have full flush but no half flush....

is the button for single flush or twin flush?

Twin flush button.... seems as though possibly the single flush button is not lofting up the valve...far enough its at its maximum setting now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to multikwik multiflush setting up button in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock