Search the forum,

Discuss Motorized Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumbers _plum

Evening all!

Does anybody know how many motorized valves are needed for a sealed system?

At least 2 on all new systems or if changing cylinder, at least 1 on existing systems

7 radiators, 1 towel rail radiator, glow worm system boiler, mega flow...................2 motorized valves enough? 2port?

I'm learning the trade, studying level 1 at the moment. Have got a work experience placement and this is my project. new install.

you better off asking your mentor :) he will show you and he will explain to you

doesnt your books tell you about zones and controls and thermostats ??

I have asked and he told me to find out which I guess is a good thing. He may be testing me. The book the college have provided is not very good according to my mentor, he has told which book to get, just waiting for delivery from amazon

is he a plumber or electrician ? if he does not tell you first how by reading it it will make sense to you !!!

He needs to explain more to you, it's all dependant on the size and requirements of the system. Just telling you to find out is a bit naff!

depends on the floor area of the property, have a look at your building regs for starters and latestest reqirements which can mean having 1 valve per floor etc etc

To give you some pointers,
You need motorised valves to control each circuit & often pumped hot water circuit to any type of hot cylinder, if fitted.
You need to control each floor usually.
You need more than one circuit on a floor if it exceeds a certain area, for building regs.
Also, take a look at what is supplied with a Megaflow (or any unvented cylinder).

Is it a college paper assignment or has some loony let you loose with an unvented?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Motorized Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock