Search the forum,

Discuss Most scandalous CH quote yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keefy

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Browsing a certain money saving forum purely for laughs and came across this amazing CH quote with full breakdown of costs... enjoy!

value.png

Full Central heating install BG Quote - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

It's a little high, what's shocking is the number of people who go for such quotes. Sadly they don't realise it's a local subby who's does the work for peanuts who could have done the same install for a lot less money if contacted directly.

Love the Dr.Evil but in all fairness if the house is in London this is kinda the standard price. Done a job 2 years ago all new rads, 6 beds mansion all new pipe.. BG quoted 12k we got the job for 10k. Soon as you step into those kind of properties or see whats in their garage the dollar signs cloud your eyes! What makes me laugh is considering the scope of the project they mention the "very tight budget". Its like saying I want a rolls royce but my budget is very tight..

Out if interest houw much would you charge for this job and which part of the country you based in?

Last edited:
Love the Dr.Evil but in all fairness if the house is in London this is kinda the standard price. Done a job 2 years ago all new rads, 6 beds mansion all new pipe.. BG quoted 12k we got the job for 10k. Soon as you step into those kind of properties or see whats in their garage the dollar signs cloud your eyes!
Out if interest houw much would you charge for this job and which part of the country you based in?

4bed semi detached does not equal a 6 bed mansion.

It's pointless guessing prices on a forum without good knowledge of a property.

4bed detached does not equal a 6 bed mansion.

It's pointless guessing prices on a forum without good knowledge of a property.

Indeed and a 4 bed semi in one part of country is worth a big arse mansion in another..

Tit for tat but anyone charging ÂŁ360 a rad to supply is making serious money!

Cant see cost of the building being an issue as to the cost of the system, a boiler costs the same etc....

Love the Dr.Evil but in all fairness if the house is in London this is kinda the standard price. Done a job 2 years ago all new rads, 6 beds mansion all new pipe.. BG quoted 12k we got the job for 10k. Soon as you step into those kind of properties or see whats in their garage the dollar signs cloud your eyes! What makes me laugh is considering the scope of the project they mention the "very tight budget". Its like saying I want a rolls royce but my budget is very tight..

Well I don't know really as I haven't seen the job but this line from the quote has got to be taking the urine has it not?

"Connect boiler condense pipe ÂŁ166.03"

Well I don't know really as I haven't seen the job but this line from the quote has got to be taking the urine has it not?

"Connect boiler condense pipe ÂŁ166.03"

Every penny is justified!

Did anyone else notice they charged twice for the flue terminal, and also charged for part P and then charged for fitting a fused spur.

Im struggling to find the scandelous price ? Sooo many people pay the prices because they think theybe got piece of mind etc with big company. And they think surely they wont be ripping me off.

Yeah it's a bit on the ed high side me thinks, lol

can someone tell me why a large rad is ÂŁ130 pound more than a medium rad as I can't see the difference apart from a bit of copper

can someone tell me why a large rad is ÂŁ130 pound more than a medium rad as I can't see the difference apart from a bit of copper

if the rads are made of copper, that would explain the prices quoted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Most scandalous CH quote yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, My Ideal Vouge Max 26 was installed a few years back, all works fine. Its an S plan setup, but I've always been amazed that the temperature for the water tank and the central heating were the same and 'couldn't' be separated (according to the Ideal registered plumber who installed...
Replies
Views
Interested on thoughts on this (I've also posted on another forum but thought this might be a better place to ask); Long time lurker, have gleamed some great knowledge from this site, finally signed up as I cant find an exact answer to the below. I'm not a heating engineer, but an electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi All, looking at getting a water boiler for our brewery and brewery taproom, we don't need central heating just need hot water for a small amount of cleaning in the brewery, bar and pizza kitchen. Ive had a quote for supply and install (just push fit into water fittings, connect to gas) of...
Replies
Views
We've always had Google advertisements, since the day we began. Though now we've switched domain names from .co.uk to .net, we had to reapply as a fresh brand new website so we've had no Google advertisements for some time while we waiting for approval. Now Google has approved our site, we...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock