Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Mono block tap wobbling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im visiting friends and have been asked to look at their wobbling kitchen tap. It's thought that the tap has come from B&Q and is about five years old. The fitting of the tap is different from all other taps I've fitted as rather than the normal tap-bolt-washer-nut arrangement this one has tap-bolt-bar. The bar has a captive nut and when the bolt is spun the bar is pulled into the worktop. Unfortunately the bolt doesn't have a slot or hex end to allow it to be tightened by tools. The bolt is not threaded into the tap and is free to spin.
Any tips on how I can get the bar tight enough into the worktop so that the tap doesn't wobble?

Got any pics.

Might be able to get some sensible advice from forums then.

Best alternative might be to change it for new tap assy as some new one's come with double bolts for good attachment/bracing when fitted, then no more wobbles.

cheers,

Andy

Last edited:
IMAG0041.jpg

they a crap fitting rather than waste your time just replace with a better quality tap

as above change the tap, bristan easy fit

Agree with above, those type of fixings are sent from hell with the sole purpose of aggrevating plumbers.
Not sure if other monobloc fixings will be compatible, you can get a new kitchen mono for about £30-40 that has plumber friendly bits :)

OK, I'll advise that he needs a new tap. He'll probably need to contact his local plumber to fit it unless I can source one tomorrow.

OK, I'll advise that he needs a new tap. He'll probably need to contact his local plumber to fit it unless I can source one tomorrow.

screwfix locally?

get a horseshoe washer out of your bits n bobs box along with a nut and use them instead. simples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mono block tap wobbling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock