Discuss Moisture comming up through floor tiles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnrwoods

Hello all
i have some sort of liquid coming up through the floor tiles in my mums kitchen. It appears in about half a dozen places where the grout is.
its not just water, it's slightly sticky and smells a bit like silicon. There are no signs of any leaks above or around though.
The house is pre war built. The tiles were laid around 9 years ago, and it's a wooden floor. I know i 'll probably have to take some up to investigate, but just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on what the cause might be.
Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum John, any chance mum is using a new floor cleaner?

Hi and thanks. No she's in hospital, I noticed the moisture, cleaned it up, and it re-appeared by next day.

In that case I`m out of ideas, sure someone will be along with a better idea though.

Welcome to the forum,

First thing I'd do is checking the ceiling all surrounding areas. Check toilets and basins above of any sign of leakage.

Obviously you will need to take some tiles off to investigate under the wooden boards. Try to check your kitchen tap as well the pipes too there might be a leak though.

Without breaking those tiles you could use a multi tool to remove the grout firmly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Moisture comming up through floor tiles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I have a potential issue with a toilet on a newly tiled floor and looking for some advice on acceptable tolerances and what to do. The back of...
Replies
Views
Hello, Our bathroom was installed 9 months ago by what we know were tradespeople who did not have the skill or experience to do so. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4...
Replies
Views
Back