Discuss Mixing water from two different feed source in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tal

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and kindly ask your assistance with an issue i need to solve.

I need to mix water from two different water source - Reverse Osmosis and regular tap water.

The pressure/water flow changes over time (filter condition) and i need to keep accurate mixture of both water.

With you experience, what will be the most safe, cost effective method to do this?

I was thinking that placing pump after each feed will assure accurate pressure and simple mixing valve will do the trick.

Thanks!
Tal.

I know nothing about what you're asking about tal but I'd be asking your local water company about their bi-laws regarding the mixing of water with their supply. I'd think they'd be able to advise you on what they'd want in place to stop the possibility of contaminants entering the mains.

Good luck with your post ..

Hi Steve,

Thanks for concern, but it's just 'two different type of water' RO water and chlorine filtered water.

Tal.

I need to keep trace elements in the water without rising the pH too much.

Aquariums, Discus fish. requires pH between 5.8-6.5 for breeding.

So... anyone has an idea how to keep those two water feeds mixed properly?

Speak to your Fish supplier, this isnt a cheap hobby youve got and Iam sure that there will be some equally expensive piece of kit to do what you need, cant you join a discus fish forum and talk to other guys to see how theyve got around it?

Well, 'aquarists' are not plumbers. this is something only professional can do.

And there isn't such product in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mixing water from two different feed source in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back