Discuss Mixing Pressure Problems in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

OK, thanks.
Picasso has had a good drop of Jamesons tonight so sketching not up to his usual standard but this is the way I would go if you don't want to modify to a 3 way thermostatic mixer, there isn't much involved, as I said previously, you can leave the existing by pass if you wish (less work)
Injection Modified.jpg
and just do the other changes.

OK, thanks.
Picasso has had a good drop of Jamesons tonight so sketching not up to his usual standard but this is the way I would go if you don't want to modify to a 3 way thermostatic mixer, there isn't much involved, as I said previously, you can leave the existing by pass if you wish (less work) View attachment 46533and just do the other changes.
Looks good, the only downside to that would be that (from what I've read) the system would be less efficient as the control system wouldn't be able to regulate temp. But at this point in time I'd take an inefficient system that works over an efficient cold one that doesn't.... I'll keep you up to date with temps as they fluctuate, and have a drop for me!

I wonder just how sophisticated UFH systems really need to be as the system is a big thermal store in itself and runs 24/7, so very slow to respond to any tweeking, also your boiler will be running with a very low return temperature (no rads) so will be quite efficient.
Even though I would like to see if the proposed mods will work I think the sensible way to go would be with a 3 way thermostatic mixing valve as you will be making pipework changes anyway and will just re use the existing manifold pump.
UFH 3 Port Blending Valve.gif

Excellent, the trick now is to try to figure out what is the heat input into your UFH to heat your house, don't know the Baxi heat output but whatever it is, it is more than likely that it can modulate down to 5 or 6 kw which in turn means that it should certainly just now ( 1C here in Cork) be running continuously to have any meaningful contribution to heating the house, is it?.

Any update on the above?.
It seems to be working of sorts. I think that the system is possibly too big and the flow of water too low to heat the house properly. I can get the rooms up to 21/22 but the circulating hot water never gets above 35. I suppose that this makes it more efficient, but it can't cope with sudden changes in temp! I managed to get the pressure balanced by a bit of trial and error, but I'm seriously thinking of buying myself a thermal imaging device so that I can see what's really going on!

Reply to Mixing Pressure Problems in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock