Discuss Mixer tap removal help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve_C1

Hi everyone,
after some advice please. I have a dripping mixer tap, so I want to change the washer.
Problem is, I cant even figure out how remove the tap! Any help greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• tap1.jpg
    tap1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 18
  • tap2.jpg
    tap2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 15
Hi
There is no washer in that tap. It will have a ceramic insert instead. These are not serviceable, so you will need the correct insert.
You will need either the make and model of the tap. Or remove the insert and measure the thread size, length of body and ammount of splines on the head!
The tap head will come off if you unscrew the lever. Beneath that there may be a grub screw, that can be u screwed with an Allen key, or small screwdriver.
Somtimes it's cheaper to replace the taps!

+ 1 for a tap change , unless you can source the insert , it will be cheaper in the long run

Thank you both for the quick replies. I will see how easy it is to get the insert. If not easy, I will just replace as you suggest.
Cheers again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mixer tap removal help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I can’t get one cartridge to budge when trying to replace in a mixer tap. The hot side cartridge was tight but removed with wrench...
Replies
Views
I need to change the washer on the dripping hot tap in the photo, does anybody know how to remove the dome tap handle, there's no fixings or grub...
Replies
Views
I have a slow leak in the bath. Its a mixer type set up. I'm unfamiliar with the tap handles and how to access the cartridges etc. If I can work...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock