Discuss Mitsubishi Ecodan 8.5KW one zone gone offline and missing from main controller in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

I don't agree with damaging the heat pump if a zone valve doesn't respond quick enough to allow full flow. I do agree with full flow being required so as to allow correct output form the heat pump. If there is a buffer installed it doesnt matter what type of zone valve is used so long as it works.

Generally, it is a time delay either 50 seconds after the power is supplied to the valve or 20 seconds after the micro switch closes. A decent valve should be fully open within 12 seconds

We do a 12kw High Temperature Heat Pump that will deliver flow at 65 degrees C - that has to operate through a buffer.

If you look at the warranty conditions of most reputable heat pumps valve arrangements and buffer sizing is covered in some detail.

Last edited:
Hi Gents,
Solved the missing zone 1 UF heating, had a bit of time this morning & the problem was away from the heat pump. A failed shut Danfoss HPA2 actuator valve ahead of the remote pump in my attic. Both the pump and valve are energised by a shared relay which closes when the call to heat comes along, powering the pump & energising the Valve to open. I've manually opened the valve & have flow through to the pump and now to the floor. Should of really suspected the weakest part first.
As they say though "The fix is always the last thing one tries"..
Merry Christmas all.

No worries my friend, although I set you on your path Brambles superior knowledge taught me a couple things I didn't know, so thank you to both of you.

Reply to Mitsubishi Ecodan 8.5KW one zone gone offline and missing from main controller in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock