Discuss Minimum space between pipes and floorboards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fitzsy

Hi,
I hope someone can advise please......
My mother had new central heating 2 months ago from British Gas. I couple of weeks ago, she had the house rewired. The electrican (who's a jack of all trades) pointed out the pipes beneath the floorboards were either up flush against the top of the joist or several mm's higher than the top of the joist so therefore the pipe is taking the pressure of the floorboard and anything else which may be put on top of it. Also, the electrican said the pipes should of been covered in felt (or similar material) where they make contact with the joist, to limit noise and add protection to the pipe.

Is there a central heating expert out there who would let me know if there is a minimum distance required between a pipe and a floorboard?
Aso, is there any agreed rules that says the pipes should have felt where they make contact with the joists?

A British Gas manager is coming round tomorrow afternoon and I'd like to have some information I can discuss with him.

I would be extremley grateful to anyone who can help, thanks in advance, fitzsy

hi. Certainly the pipes should not be in contact with the underside of the floor boards. As for felt etc. it is good practice to fit such, but not essential. Good luck

all heating pipes should b lagged ,this will solve all the above problems

heating pipes need some sort of covering over them where they lay in the joists to prevent creaking as they expand and contract. The primaries should be insulated from boiler to where the zones are seperated and throughout the airing cupboard.
Electrical and plumbing seperation should be 150mm but very seldom is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Minimum space between pipes and floorboards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock