Search the forum,

Discuss Microbore manifold problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
I need to replace a copper microbore manifold but can't find one to match.
Just moved to a 30 year old house, copper microbore c/h system. Bathroom radiator not working when moved in. Had boiler replaced, (failed its service), which included power flush but it didn't clear the radiator. I drained system,
2018-10-31 14.56.37.jpg
removed radiator and tried bicycle pump on pipes, one clear but other one blocked. Had floorboards up and located manifold, see picture. There are 8 X 10mm compression fittings, it looks like both feed & return pipes from 4 radiators are connected to the one manifold!!!! (Not sure how that would work but all the other radiators get very hot).
I wish to replace the manifold because it looks like it has been leaking, and while it's off I will clean the pipes to clear the blockage. I looked online and it looks like it's a Pegler Yorkshire Manifold but now unavailable!
Advice please, where can I get a similar manifold and if it connects to the feed & return, how does it work, is there a baffle in the middle?
Thanks in advance.

Thanks, am I right in thinking my original manifold has a baffle in the middle to separate flow & return? If so, x2 Toolstation manifolds and solder 10mm's straight onto 22mm ends of the F&R would work great. Thanks

Reply to Microbore manifold problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have what appears to be a single pipe system? with microbore manifold downstairs, and I'm assuming another upstairs under floorboards, both with 3 radiators. The photo shows the downstairs manifold, and looking at the way the other radiators are connected, is there any reason why connecting...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have a couple of old microbore 28mm to 10mm manifolds for the central heating. Not sure of the condition on the inside of them but outside there's a fair bit of corrosion at the solder/compression joints. There not leaking so was wondering if they can be cleaned or if it's better to...
Replies
Views
I have a badly blocked feed pipe to kitchen rad, was running very slowly but I’ve made it much worse trying to clear blockage with curtain wire, pushing the blockage to the manifold I think now totally blocked. Return pipe is clear. Exposing manifold is major as it’s between floors and involves...
Replies
Views
Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below I think is similar to the TIO Mixing unit. In the unit below, the hot (boiler) water enters from the bottom left, red arrow, up through the "mixing...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock