Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Meter box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nvq level 3

Hi all,
we have a fairly big job starting soon upon our survey of what's going where all the usual etc I checked the meter box and found a good size hole at the back bigger than a fist I'de say with a 15mm copper feed straight to the gas cooker. this hole is not sleeved or protected in anyway no none setting compound etc. I'm basically not sure what's best to do? I can't leave it as you can see into the cavity, any advice would be great.
thanks.

Might be the best option unless I could sleeve it and seal it but the hole is fair size.

The inbuilt boxes come with a separate sleeve which you screw in place. Is that not just missing or is it a bodged hole?

No the sleeve isn't there and very much a bodge hole, burn marks on the metter box where they have soldered. Just looks like they've hacked at it.

At risk. Gas pipes are only supposed to go through the purpose made hole in the back of the box, with the sleeve and sealed. You aren't supposed to make any other holes in the box.

I need to either make it safe or a new box needs to be fitted. Not sure if theres anyway to sleeve this? or can it only be sleeved with what i provided with a new box? thanks

So who is responsible for that meter box? Would it be the gas supplier cause the ecv etc will have to come off to fit a new box.

I would of thought the owner will have to pay them to fit a new 1? as im the last man on the job i dont want to be held liable for it.

Gas supplier issue as to make right the lot will need come out to put right.
At the moment all you can do is AR and advise customer of issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Meter box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hello all I'm a householder in Dorset and need my post-meter natural gas supply pipe re-routing underground. Seems it's not a common job to carry...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi All, Thanks for taking a look at this. I currently have a massive condensation patch on the inside of my wall behind my gas meter (Pics...
Replies
Views
Two connected houses in our 70s condo development, everyone served by one water meter at the road. 833 has 40 lbs of pressure while attached...
Replies
Views
Could someone take a look at this for me please? Just had a boiler put in our property on a grant scheme. The boiler is great other than him not...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock