Search the forum,

Discuss merchant in fareham in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

denleywater740

been given a voucher for £200 to be used at Williams & Co, Fareham. I can get the exact same brand/model tools from a plumbing merchant delivered to my fron t door includnig VAT for £127. Willaims & Co want £165.50 and are unprepared to discount in any way. The goods are requested for delivery direct from Rothenberger who ship them to me at Williams request. Williams & Co don't even package the items up, they never see them. How unhelpful is that, especially as a newly qualified plumber who would be looking to spend thousands over the next few years on tools & consumables.

Last edited by a moderator:
You were GIVEN a voucher for £200 and you still whinge ? Do you want sprinkles on top of your cream ?

Rays reply.

Hi Denleywater740 & welcome to the forum.

I am the MD of Williams & Co, and I wanted to explain a little bit more about how this works. I can understand
your frustration, but I think you may be misunderstanding the situation. I believe that my colleague Martin tried to explain yesterday on the phone?

The voucher scheme is a tie up between your training provider and Rothenberger tools.

Our part in it is to do some admin, for which we take a percentage. Some of the fulfilment we do ourselves, sometimes
Rothenberger do it directly - a lot depends on what the student orders.

We do not set the pricing, and we are certainly not paid £200! We are paid a much smaller figure, from which we have to pay
the merchant cost of the tools and some of the carriage. The discount that would be available on a conventional sale has already gone to
the training provider.

To be fair, if you simply walked into our branch with £200 in cash, you would get more tools for your cash that you can for your voucher, because we would get all of the £200 cash, not just part of it.

It really isn't us being deliberately difficult or profiteering. In fact, at one point some years ago, we withdrew from a similar (but more profitable) arrangement with another training provider because they insisted on using tools of a quality that we didn't want to be associated with.

If you would like to discuss it further, if you ring our fareham office on 01329 226500 and ask for Ray, I will be happy to
answer any additional questions you may have

been given a voucher for £200 to be used at Williams & Co, Fareham. I can get the exact same brand/model tools from a plumbing merchant delivered to my fron t door includnig VAT for £127. Willaims & Co want £165.50 and are unprepared to discount in any way. The goods are requested for delivery direct from Rothenberger who ship them to me at Williams request. Williams & Co don't even package the items up, they never see them. How unhelpful is that, especially as a newly qualified plumber who would be looking to spend thousands over the next few years on tools & consumables.

Free money and he's winging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He'll make a brilliant site plumber

Beggars belief! If I was given a voucher for 200 notes I wouldn't be complaining! I'd be running round like a dog with 2 of 'em.....

In fairness to the OP, he has paid his training provider for a course, and as part of the deal has been given the voucher. I can understand that its disappointing to start making up your shopping list, and then find out that the small print on the voucher means that you can't get as much as you thought you could.

I spoke to my colleague who runs the scheme today (he deals with dozens of these every month) and apparently has to deal with this reaction about once a year.

If he is that unhappy give the voucher back and ask for £200 notes instead to spend as he likes!

thought you only served trade only ray, not trainees?

i remember my apprentice tools allowance...
went to merchant with voucher, got a small carrier bag of hand tools only.
as i will always remeber, in there was a 'plumb' hammer with hickory shaft and the price was £40''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

that was in 1978 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thought you only served trade only ray, not trainees?

We like trainees and apprentices. Apart from their obvious role as our customers of tomorrow, they are way more polite and respectful than you time-served blokes. :)

As soon as they get a bit of experience under their belt, they get all gobby. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to merchant in fareham in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock