Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflow in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a megaflow system with a tank in the loft, and a combi boiler in tbe kitchen. I don't need the amount of hot water provided by the megaflow (it was installed by the previous owners). How easy or not and expensive would it be to remove the megaflow tank and switch to just using the existing combi boiler?

1. Should be relatively easy.
2. Cost depends on where you are. Probably a full day's work if you want the Megaflow removed, so around £600 in London, maybe £500 in another major city and perhaps £400 elsewhere. Plus possibly £100 to £150 for pipe and fittings.
3. The Megaflows are very well insulated. You might like to look up its daily heat loss in kW hours, and work out how much gas that means to come to a cost comparison.
4. Don't forget:
4a. You will have a much longer wait for hot water to arrive in the bathroom than you do with the Megaflow. Probably why it was installed in the first place.
4b. You almost certainly won't be able to run two showers at once, and turning on hot or cold may interfere with any shower.

Reply to Megaflow in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock