Discuss medium pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
So whats the crack with these medium pressure installations i was led to believe last i done my core gas that these would replace low pressure installs on domestics due to cost and that we needed to know much more about them .
Several years later still yet to see one on domestics or even when a new supply is installed its historically low pressure still being fitted and from chatting to other domestic gsr's they dont seem to come across mop's either.

From what i'm told that on your ccn1 its still very much at the forefront and that they are replacing low pressure

anyone doing domestics come across these much??

Starting with your CCN1, you are now required to physically check the MP assembly, but I would hardly call it at the fore front, its 10minutes out your life, its covered in the training if you do reassessment, if you go straight in for assessment you need to know the procedures depending on equipment fitted, the new let by pressure range and the new tightness test range
Re where they are at work, it all depends on the pressure in the pipe under the ground versus the demand on the supply, MP was introduced to allow the transporter to supply more houses from the same size pipe by increasing the pressure to MP, so it depends where you work whether you will ever see them can't see the need to change from LP to MP on most sites its only where there has been a new set of houses added to the supply for it to be worth the bother

Ahhh that explains it more i was under impression that low pressure was being made obsolete was wondering why i never come across them .

There is a lot of medium pressure up my way. Its been there from before i started working and is all the old single stage with slam shuts much like an lpg. I've only came across a couple of 2 stage regulators.
and some meters are just screwed to the outside wall without a box.
The house i'm working in tomorrow should have one. If i remember i'll take a photo of it.

Most of the medium pressure installations I have worked on in recent years have now been upgraded to low pressure.
Don't know of any new LP installations cropping up.

keep popping up around here, just means I have to get the viper out and id the version to get the tests done, normally find them on bigger b&bs or houses on the end of a line up some unmade road

There are plenty of MP installations around and they are mainly to be found in semi rural or rural areas. It depends on what network is available in the locality. It is quite possible to find MP installations in urban areas on domestic properties and certainly on some commercial properties. Easily recogniseable on domestic due to the presence of an MP/LP regulator.

On the latest price list from my blackmailers oops i mean training providers there a seperate ticket for medium preasure so if you come across them regular its going to cost you more to train

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to medium pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hi All, I have replaced my existing Shaw and Mason chrome set with the Shaw and Mason forward bowl spindles/ Handles. I have kept the same tap or...
Replies
Views
PRJSyd
P
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
My outside tap has had really low pressure after the cold weather a few weeks ago. Its connected from under the kitchen sink, and can be isolated...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock