Discuss Mechanic room stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
This might be a Stupid question so I do apologise.

if I have my boiler on programme setting and the heating to come on at 2pm ATM the moment it is 1pm and the room temperature is 12 degrees so If I go over and turn the stat to 20 degrees the boiler will fire up until the room temperature has reached 20 degrees and then will switch off? I understand this part.

This is the problem i don't understand because the room stat is on 20 degrees from the last time I turn the dial.if the timer on the boiler wasn't to come on yet, until say 5pm but the room was about 12 degrees do I need to turn the room stat all the way back to 10 degrees too then 20 degree until I hear the click?

I'm a wee bit confused ?

turn it up or down dependent. if you turn down and hear a click your turning it lower than the current room temp if you turn up and hear a click your turning higher ??????? don't get ur question tbh..

I understand that bit. whatever the last setting is on the room stat is this the setting that the boiler will turn off when it comes on through the timed?

These things aren't very accurate, there will always be a bit of a discrepancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mechanic room stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock