Discuss MCS Accreditation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't quite put my finger on this but it seems MCS Accreditation is much MORE to do with administration, book-keeping, database design, paperwork and so on and much LESS to do with knowledge and improved installation and diagnosis of renewable energy systems.

I wonder, with no response to my last missive about the figures, whether that last post was accurate after all?

(MCS QMS £495
OFTEC Assessment Fee £550 (assuming OFTEC does this scheme too and assuming that's the cost)
Solar Thermal course £300
Photovoltaic course £300
REAL sub £220

TOTAL £1,865
plus vat £373

Setup TOTAL £2,238

On-going/annual costs:

REAL £220
MSC audit £400
OFTEC £150 ??? I can't see this being free!

So, minimum of £924 including vat per year.)

When I did my MCS assesment the assesor told me that I would not pass the first time I have another thread on here somwhere Mcs, so I wonder how many people have gone through MCS without having to do the assesment twice. I personally didnt bother but as stated before i am still doing sign offs and inspections in fact I am really busy over the next couple of days doing them.

Everybody I have heard of fail the first one, strange that isn't it?

Nice re-assessment fee?

Money for old rope?

I can't quite put my finger on this but it seems MCS Accreditation is much MORE to do with administration, book-keeping, database design, paperwork and so on and much LESS to do with knowledge and improved installation and diagnosis of renewable energy systems.

I wonder, with no response to my last missive about the figures, whether that last post was accurate after all?

I think you have missed the MCS fees to corgi or whoever , took this of corgi site
Thanks for choosing CORGI Membership NOTE: the application below is for businesses with up to 10 operatives, should you have over 10 operatives and wish to join CORGI Membership, please give the Membership team a ring on 0844 8794798, alternatively drop us an email to [email protected] and we’ll call you back Please fill in as much information as possible below to allow us to process your application, including: 1. Insurance cover, please tell us when your Public Liability Insurance (PLI) expires. 2. Please complete the "business summary" box with a description of your business and the types of work you undertake, this will be displayed next to your online listing for homeowners to see. 3. In order to complete your application we will need copies of your qualifications and insurances and should they wish to recieve an ID card, photo's of your supervisor(s). Please scan and email this information to [email protected] or alternatively send to Benchmark Certification Ltd, International House, George Curl Way, Southampton, SO18 2RZ 4. Tick the box for work leads so that homeowners can email you directly to request a quote for work
MembershipMembership typeMCS 2 Tech + CPS Up to 10 Operatives Renewal frequencyAnnual Payment methodPayment card Pay today £1,038.00

Thank you, Ecowarm. I don't do gas but am an OFTEC technician so I guessed at their prices instead!

[Edit]

Just seen your "Oftec don't do mcs" post!!!

That's funny - especially when they created the first Oil and Renewables show last October and want to do another one this spring!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Ecowarm. I don't do gas but am an OFTEC technician so I guessed at their prices instead!

[Edit]

Just seen your "Oftec don't do mcs" post!!!

That's funny - especially when they created the first Oil and Renewables show last October and want to do another one this spring!!

CORGI dont do gas either

Just had a re-read of the whole thread.
The NEF one day course is 299+vat for the "early bird" one day course. Plus a days wages, possible night in a travellodge and diesel. Then a lot of work on evenings and weekends (in other words time when not earning) to finalise QMS and prep for an audit.
Your way is £1100 - 1200 as stated to Dontknowitall in an earlier post. You say Seminar is not a requirement. As your product is bespoke to the individual business how many hours are required from the individual business for yourselves to be able to create the bespoke package?

Renewables are the way to go, especially where I am, very limited gas, solid fuel and oil are the predominant fuels. Already I have had one customer drop the oil boiler for an electric combi (not my choice). If you are correct in what you have said earlier with regard to the material costs plummetting all well and good.

But, I am a sole trader in what appears to be a very similiar position to many who contribute on here and as such the costs involved in gaining MCS accreditation play a major role in when / if you would decide to proceed. I am lucky (Business is very good at the minute and the foreseable future)to be in the position where I can invest some time and money into achieving this, hopefully by the end of the year.

However I would find it of greater benefit to myself to go down the route of the NEF course. Yes it's cheaper and the risks of a failed assessment are greater but the amount of time I will have to put into this on my own, will mean I will know the process inside out, something that I would hope would be apparent to an assessor. I would find this of greater benefit than having it handed to me on a plate and having to refer questions and queries back to yourselves.

Hope this clears up where I have been coming from.

Hi Simon,

I understand where you are coming from, just to clarify our cost is £495 out of that £1,100 as the previous thread we were including your inspection fee.

So the fee with us is £495 the fee with NEF is £295 + extras you have outlined.

We do not hand it to you - to clarify. As part of our service we provide full mentoring and support to integrate the systems with you a train you for the inspection itself. By the end of our mentoring you will fully understand all processes and procedures as they are designed around how you operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MCS Accreditation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock