Search the forum,

Discuss market research in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

when any of you loose a boiler install job after your quote has been accepted only to be told a week later they had 2 other quotes and decided to go with another firm,

what do you do/think apart from nothing ?

Depends who got the job. If it's someone I consider to be a pleb and locally there are a few I laugh hard as I know it's been given based on price and hope they enjoy there ferroli

if it's to someone of similar standing then so be it they obviously had a better click with the customer then I did.

If it's to one of the larger company's locally then it's usually because the customer felt assured by their size and were happy to pay a little extra in which case there is nothing I could have done other then build up over time slap a bit of vat on everything and have a shop somewhere to bring about a bit of confidence

Get the office to call up after jobs been done and ask if all was ok and how did the install go/ pretend they were going to get a free boiler due to manufacturers scheme. Or something to make them feel sick. Happened last week. We removed a few fires and rads on a job for a custard....... We were working over the road doing a bbu to combi and bloke was there fitting junior si . Took two blokes ages to relocate a combi and fit few rads.... We set 2 days they were there a week and had different area code on van

I would let them know i wasn't happy to be told my quote was accepted and then go with someone else. Let them know that you have to find work for the days you had them booked in for.

bill them for time wasted especially if they sign my agreement that goes out with the quote

I take a 40% deposit on acceptance of quote which I require with a signed and returned acceptance form. In the terms it say that they have 7 days to cancel at no cost, after 7 days I will keep 25% of the deposit as a re stocking charge if they do cancel.

If they want it done sooner there is a waiver which can be signed which then doesn't give them the 7 day cooling off period.

Never had a problem with the process and I know I'm pretty well covered. Also has it approved by trading standards audit.

Last edited:
sounds good if you have these things available!

it was booked informally for the end of month from last monday.

freind of a friend and boss of another.. customers a chief inspector!!!

It's a pain in the arris, i sub off a firm when I've got a spare day or so and turned up to a job to fit a boiler and unvented cylinder only to find a plumber and his mate lifting the boiler onto the wall!! Felt a right prat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to market research in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock