Discuss Main Eco Compact vs Worcester Bosch 1000 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

thanks again for your advice here

i have just measured the flow rate from the bath tap and it's coming out at 15 l/min

previously i had only measured the shower or kitchen tap and it comes out of those at around 9 l/min

any idea why there is such a difference! but i guess this means i am better off getting the 30kw version of the boiler?

i would go for the baxi 30k as stated in my post, have same boiler at home (not yhe compac) as it was not on the market at the time, been in now for 11yrs and not missed a beat. and great hot water too,

thanks again for your advice here

i have just measured the flow rate from the bath tap and it's coming out at 15 l/min

previously i had only measured the shower or kitchen tap and it comes out of those at around 9 l/min

any idea why there is such a difference! but i guess this means i am better off getting the 30kw version of the boiler?
Any tap/shower etc causes a restriction to the water on its way through the fitting. The pathways through a modern tap/shower can be extremely small (3 mm bore, as an example) - different fittings, different restrictions it’s as simple as that.

25kw will still heat the water, just at a slower rate and the flow restrictor in the boiler will account for that. So I guess you have to ask yourself how many times a year do you use the bath? If it's frequently then got for the 30kw, if it's twice a year the 25kw is probably more than enough.

BTW fitted a few 25kws, and the hot water is definitely OK!

Reply to Main Eco Compact vs Worcester Bosch 1000 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock