Discuss Main combi 24 he dhw problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GrumpyOldGit

Hi - Thanks for the welcome to the forum.

My problem is that the Main Combi 24 HE which I have in my house is showing a Flame Fault/Blocked Flue indicator. This occurs when DHW is called for. The installer (2 years ago) has vapourised from this planet or is in South Africa!!

I have checked the Condensate trap which had a little water in it (now emptied). Flue is clear. Gas to unit and water pressure good.

The fan is working. The pin from the diverter is moving freely and making firm contact with the micro-switch.

I have reset this a couple of times and sometimes I get a good flame for a few minutes and sometimes nothing at all.

Reading the historical posts I can see suggestions from Pressure Switch to Flue Stat and blocked Pump.

Can anyone offer summit I have missed? Thanks.

think you going to have to get a Gas Safe Engineer to give it a proper going over pal,sound like a bit more than a diy job.
good luck ask friends or family for a recomendation.

Thanks for the advice.

No 1 "Gas Safe" - Suggested over the phone that the PCB needed changing. He could not get to me for a week. This did not give me a warm feeling that he actually knew what was wrong. No 2 "Gas Safe" (again over the initial phone call) asked me for the model and serial number so he could order in the parts!!! Bleeding clever that!

I have today been down to Plumbase to ask if they could recommend a good heating engineer.

I am not a fiddler and would not attempt in any manner a DIY fix but I think a bit of expert advice from this medium would help in determining what may be wrong. I would have used the installer but cannot trace him down at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice.

No 1 "Gas Safe" - Suggested over the phone that the PCB needed changing. He could not get to me for a week. This did not give me a warm feeling that he actually knew what was wrong. No 2 "Gas Safe" (again over the initial phone call) asked me for the model and serial number so he could order in the parts!!! Bleeding clever that!
QUOTE]

Think you are getting a bit muddled here,gas safe is the body that over sees legal gas operatives,you must have been talking to someone else ???:(:(

Last edited by a moderator:
faults that can cause this,pcb,electrodes,earth tags,also baxi were sticking screws that were to long in the bottle causing this fault but its a rare one,reversed polarity,airswitch i could go on and on in short get a gsr engineer in this is beyond a diyer

we had a reversed polarity in this one before after the cust fitted a new kitchen light 6mths after, also air switch. the bottle should have water in it so put it back in after cleaning out.
we fit these boilers every week , where are you?.

Redsaw, Thanks,

Consett County Durham. They seem to be the model of choice here too - going to call up a 'Corgi' Heating Engineer from Tow Law to see if can come over to have a look.

Redsaw, Thanks,

Consett County Durham. They seem to be the model of choice here too - going to call up a 'Corgi' Heating Engineer from Tow Law to see if can come over to have a look.

A corgi reg plumber is no good to you, you need a 'GAS SAFE' reg plumber
Corgi no longer look after gas registration and are just a self operating safely body

The condenstate trap is part of the flue system and you should not have touched,when you get a gas engineer make sure you advise him of what you have done
As said if you can not find a recommended gas plumber ,contact Baxi
Hopefully you will only have the original fault to sort out and have not done any more damage to the unit
good luck

imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Main combi 24 he dhw problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock