Discuss Magiglo Original gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sdws

Does anyone have either knowledge of, or a manual for, this old fire.

I need to know its input value.

Many thanks

when you say original is that the models name?

i only ask because they make custom made fires, i have not heard of a magiglo original model before.

I assume Original is the model name. It's written on a plate underneath as though it is.

The fire is quite old; inherited so I don't know exactly how old. Burley (taken over Magiglo) hadn't heard of it, but they don't have any records of early equipment.

sdws :welcome: to the forum :)

Old motto, if in doubt work it out :) Gas rate the fire if you can't find any info on the fire its self. They a radiant fire? GlowWorm springs to mind but I could well be way off. :)

Have a good look at plate it should give you all the information ! have a good look around fire could be another sticker someware.

Try www.magiglo .co.uk tel 01572 725570

You're right - it is on the plate. Unfortunately, info we need is unreadable!

Hi sdws,
Did you manage to find a manual for the Magiglo original? I've the same model

Thanks
Ron
Badge.jpg
SW

isnt there a way to work out the input seeing as you know the injector size and inlet pressure isnt this where the wobbbe numbers come in ?i did learn allthis once but wouldneed tob look it up now

I've it all connected up and gas lighting. Trying to work out the aeration tube placement (based on the manual). There's only one hole the gas comes up out of (highlighted in red) and struggling to get the flame to spread out. Any help appreciated RonMagiglo.jpg

Hi Croppie,
No, just came on here looking for the manual mentioned at the start of the thread

Stop messing about with it and turn it off!

We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location - [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/8668/ or Redsaw - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/2718/ who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Thank you.

UKPF TA's, Mods and Admin teams.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/ce...ed-advice.html (notice gas safety related advice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magiglo Original gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock