Discuss Macerator troubles - please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

strummer

Hello,

Season's greetings to all. We have a macerator in our loft and are careful not to overload the toilet with anything besides "number 1s". Nevertheless it appears to be blocked this morning. The bowl is not emptying and the macerator is rumbling periodically. It has been very cold here. I wonder if that might be anything to do with it.

The waste pipe exits over a flat roof. All looks to be in order. An idea whay might be wrong.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
As you say you are probably suffering from the cold,the waste may be frozen in line somewere,is a saniflow only 22mm waste pipe,same size as all the boiler condensate pipework freezing
Think you may have to share loos for now or get a commode like me mum had for the winter,posh one it was built in a wicker chair,thats when we had a outside loo,remember them, good old days :)
Some times me graddad would make me go sit on the outside loo for 10mins in the morning before he went on it ,to warm the seat,it was that cold sometimes you got chillblains on your willy,loved me granddad,do'nt know why
When weather warmer maybe think about getting pipework lagged or put on a fall so water does not stay in it

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Macerator troubles - please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock