Search the forum,

Discuss Macerator advice for newbie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I stopped using that saying since a **** of a OP couldn`t see reason for the trees and came back with "Drama queen!" :D

Has the idea of new underground pipe to the drains been suggested?

Ok.
Do you have any idea of what it is like to live with a macerator?

I'm out.

Don't forget the noise, especially when you have a dripping tap or little bit of internal overflow and it kicks in every hour or 2 - especially enjoyable overnight I gather from customers... :eek:

Don't forget the noise, especially when you have a dripping tap or little bit of internal overflow and it kicks in every hour or 2 - especially enjoyable overnight I gather from customers... :eek:
Toilet only so no taps connected and consider the pump activating from an internal overflow as a warning alarm to get it fixed before the next metred water bill arrives. ;)

I consider that Lucy has had all the current available info from us re macerators. We have little to add now SHE needs to make a decision of her own based on the best unbiased advice available in UK
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

I consider that Lucy has had all the current available info from us re macerators. We have little to add now SHE needs to make a decision of her own based on the best unbiased advice available in UK
Rob Foster aka centralheatking
Don`t think anybody has covered how to reduce the sound level when it is operating. :(

Thanks to you all. You’ve been incredibly informative and given me a lot to think about. I hadn’t realised that macerators were such troublesome things to have, but judging by the comments and suggestions, I will certainly heed your warnings and avoid having one if at all possible!

Perhaps I need to go back to the plumber with a few alternative solutions (thanks to yourselves) and come up with a better plan.

Reply to Macerator advice for newbie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock