Search the forum,

Discuss LPG Rangmaster cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Harvest Fields

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Morning all. I have a custard that wants one of these disconnected. I know I cannot do it as I’m only g20 and not LPG. My question is this.
Can he disconnect himself if on a bayonet fitting? Like with G20.

Maybe a silly question but never been asked before.

Thanks in advance?

Morning all. I have a custard that wants one of these disconnected. I know I cannot do it as I’m only g20 and not LPG. My question is this.
Can he disconnect himself if on a bayonet fitting? Like with G20.

Maybe a silly question but never been asked before.

Thanks in advance?
If it's staying out it would be better being plugged permanent.
Is he leaving it out?

Appreciate your advice mate. That’s not me though. I do everything by the book.

So do I.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't go and carry out an LPG installation at the moment without the ticket but something like that I probably would look at it that it would be safer than leaving it on a bayonet.

I did have LPG and still hold everything else including ticket that covers LPG Commercial pipework.
I was only speaking for myself in my position.

The right way is for him to pay an LPG person to come and cap it.

So do I.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't go and carry out an LPG installation at the moment without the ticket but something like that I probably would look at it that it would be safer than leaving it on a bayonet.

I did have LPG and still hold everything else including ticket that covers LPG Commercial pipework.
I was only speaking for myself in my position.

The right way is for him to pay an LPG person to come and cap it.
Cheers mate. Was just double checking. No offence intended on my post above.

Not 100% sure about LPG, but for Nat Gas, they are considered suitable for a permanent disconnection. Rightly or wrongly.

As you will no doubt know Firemant, there are lots of things considered to be OK by the 'powers that be' but are actually a stupid idea when a bit of thought and common sense is applied.
I can obviously only speak for myself here but a spring loaded valve is not good enough for permanent disconnection. What other people do is entirely up to them of course.
I have seen a number of those leak whilst disconnected.

Fully agree Last. But this is a 1 out 1 in next day on a house move. However. I wouldn’t do it.

I would still cap it.
If it's capped, it is completed.
If someone else comes along after, they can do what they like.
I wouldn't leave it ready for someone to 'plug in' a Gas appliance.
They should have their own appliance fitted and commissioned in the new premises by a registered installer.
That way, should there be any leaks on their appliance or faults with it, then the registered installer will find them.
It also ensures that the new people don't bring a Natural Gas appliance and plug that in by accident.
It's safer to leave it so that nothing has anything to do with you or how you left it, in any way whatsoever.
In my opinion.

Last edited:
I would still cap it.
If it's capped, it is completed.
If someone else comes along after, they can do what they like.
I wouldn't leave it ready for someone to 'plug in' a Gas appliance.
They should have their own appliance fitted and commissioned in the new premises by a registered installer.
That way, should there be any leaks on their appliance or faults with it, then the registered installer will find them.
It also ensures that the new people don't bring a Natural Gas appliance and plug that in by accident.
It's safer to leave it so that nothing has anything to do with you or how you left it, in any way whatsoever.
In my opinion.
You know I agreed with your statement above right? I am not touching it.

Get it disconnected and plug of with one off these as Shaun said . Kop

Screenshot_20181112-204504.png

Reply to LPG Rangmaster cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
B
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
B
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock