Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss low water presure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EBrant

Hello

I have recently moved in to property (ex-council) which was built around 1958

I note water presure seems very low e.g. garden hose pipe very low, and the gas central heating boiler has a presure indicator on it wich reads at best 0.7 bar

what can be done about this issue was I assume (based on previous experiance dealing with utilitie companis) the water company SEBCorp (Bournemouth water) will pass the buck and say not our problem, we will see.

I understand I am resonsible (used be be different 30 years ago I believe), I am resonsible for the pipe from the street to the water meter.

Therefore if the problem is in the pipe from the main to my meter, I assume it would be very expensive to change the pipe from the meter to the mains in the street

Any advise most welcome

Thanks
EBrant

Eyup EBrant!! :welcome: to the forum :)

How much you get in quantity as to how 'fast' it comes through are two different things ... The boiler pressure indicator has absolutely nothing to do with the flow of water through your taps alas!

from your previous experience I'd prepare yourself for the same!

I do not know if your region, or any, proclaim a minimum supply pressure. One worth taking up with your local water authority I'd imagine :) Good luck .. IMO

A new pipe won't up the pressure unless you have a leak but it is always worth doing as it usually ups the flow. Nothing lasts forever.
Phone your water co and they will come out and check the pressure. If you have a leak they will tell you .........they have cut you off:smile:

It may sound silly but have you checked the basic things first. Is the stop tap in the house turned on fully? Same goes for the one in the street.

Are neighbours experiencing low mains pressure?

I had a neighbour who had been struggling with low pressure for 2 years in a new build. When I checked the stop tap at the end of his drive it only just been cracked open, presumably left that way by the builder.

Thanks all for your replies, the water company is comming out tomorrow to check the presure, so will see what they say.

EBrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to low water presure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock