Discuss Low HW pressure ? ? ? Please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul Mac

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have recently drained my HW system (Radiators) put in an adative to clean them out then drained again and inserted inhibitor. This caused a couple of problems:

The 3 position valve kept sticking
The pump went noisy
My HW pressure is poor

I called a plumber wh has replaced the 3 position valve and the pump and topped my system back up, however i still have the poor HW flow problem.

It is more noticable when filling the bath or with the shower (Aqua Lisa Digital Quartz) 12months old is switched on, it 'stalls' and the pressure dropps off considerably. it then fluctuates for a while before settling down.

I have disconnected the pipe to the shower unit in the loft and the water dribbles out, i remember when installing it there was a lot more pressure and, for the last 12 months it has worked perfectly.

The system is a gravity system...

Any help will be gratefully recieved, i am ripping my hair out.

Regards

Paul

rads are not connected to hw?plumber should have been able to identify the problem,i would get someone out who knows what they are doing tbh

Could just be an airlock. Have you tried to back fill the hot water system?

Thanks chaps,

I realise the HW and the rads are not connected however the problem only occured when i drained the rads?
I have tried backfilling the system, for around 30 seconds using the washing machine pipework connections (i did not have the shower running).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low HW pressure ? ? ? Please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Hi everyone, New here & my first post! I have a Worcester greenstar 24i, it is a conventional boiler, it has a water tank upstairs. For the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back