Discuss loud Flue rumble in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bayliner

Hi

I hope some one can help, I live in France and find it hard to get an answer to my problem. We a De Dietriche with a Cuenod NC6 ( fire starter ). The flue to the roof is around 8 meters long and passes through my lounge and bedroom above. As we live in the alps the boiler is on roughly every 20 mins during the day and every hour through out the night. We have a very loud rumble which travels through the the flue and even though is behind a boxed unit can be hard around the property.

The flue pipe comming out of the boiler starts of straight for 30cms before turning 90 degrees horizontal then about another 30cm before going vertical to travel the 8 meters or so to then out of the roof. The rumble has always been there from day one

Am I right in saying if the 1st section of pipe comming out was longer or went out vertical that we could reduce the rumble. Is there anything we can do to dampin down the sound

I can send photos of the flue comming out the back of the boiler if this helps

I hope someone can help

Kind Regards

Paolo​

The rumble may be related to the burner more than the flue.
Best to contact a local engineer as they will know the product and the local rules and regulations.

What fuel does your boiler use? A picture would be of benefit but if the noise only occurs when the appliance is on then my first thoughts would be towards how the appliance is operating and not necessarily its flue :)

Ditto tamz :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi The boiler runs on diesel, I do have photos which I will attach 25112011(002).jpg25112011(003).jpg25112011(006).jpg

As said, best to contact a local engineer. He will be able to track down where the noise is coming from.

Flues don't cause noise but they can amplify any noise.

there should'nt be any 90 degree bends either

Agree regards getting a local guy in familiar with the appliance, as Tamz says ... flue amplifies noise ... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to loud Flue rumble in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have 28 year old Valiant Combi Boiler in our Bungalow airing cupboard, where the vertical fan flue goes up into roof. As you can see in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock