Discuss Lost - Smoke Density Chart in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dlm4473

Hi all

Having left the smoke chart for my bacharach pump somewhere? i now need to find a replacement. The only one i can find is from bacharach themselves at a hefty £27 + Vat !

Does anyone know where i can find a cheeper one ? Or anyone got an old one lying about that i can buy ?

Thanks for your time

D

may be Im totally wrong but unless its clean I go back and readjust, so knowing its 1-6 is pointless. and yr fga confirms the right setting. since fgas came in all the smoke pump does is confirm it isnt sooting before u bung in your expensive fga probe.

I find the smoke chart is handy to check when smoke number is just above 0 by putting the filter paper round tested part half way behind the 0 part of smoke chart.
But as lame plumber said, all new boilers nowadays need set to 0, working downwards from a higher reading.

You can buy the Brigon smoke scale complete with packet of filter paper for around £10 online.

cheers for replies guys.

I see your point about always aim for clean, but sometimes its handy to know just how far out it is.
And to be honest i'm a bit anal about keeping my tools as they should be - ageing is not making that easier!

I have yet to find papers and scale combined in one pack - but i have managed to source scale for £10 + Vat - still a bit expensive for a piece of B&W card.

As i'm the type to try and save money anywhere I can, wondering if anyone has tried to use filter paper that is not smoke pump specific - I always meant to try coffee filter paper, but never got round to trying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lost - Smoke Density Chart in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hi All, does anyone know why the water only fills 1/3 of the way please?
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock