Search the forum,

Discuss looks like tomorrow will be as busy as I thought in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

got home tonight feeling shyte, some sort of virus. So sat down with a large mug of coffee to have a massive coughing fit, I swear what i coughed up was a small toad, after all it was green, slimy, moved around and looked like an amphibian :)

So admiring my handiwork and re swallowing my rib cage, I answered the phone. On the other end a customer who I had an appointment with first thing (0900 is first thing for me :) ) He said he wouldnt be there till 0930-0945, not an issue said I, i will go to the next appointment first, the lady will be chuffed as she wants to go into town as soon as she can.

Mr I wont be in as arranged then hit the roof, I am not waiting in all day for you, i will only be off for 1/2 an hour you come to me at 0930 and she can wait,so I explained it will only be around on hour with her, so he will have 30 mins to wait not all day. but no, off he trundles, shouting and bellowing, so I popped the phone down in its cradle, lifted it back up and rang the nice lady to let her know I would be there at nine. She was chuffed to bits and promised me a coffee and bacon sarnie would be waiting for me, there are some customers I really like and some I no longer work for :)

the joys of being self employed :):):)

You must be running out of locals to upset by now lame! You'll be working near me soon!

Just hope it's not year old bacon with fur :D

You must be running out of locals to upset by now lame! You'll be working near me soon!

joke is, some of them are so thick they ring up a few days later saying where were you?

I not sure yet, but prehaps some of you may not of realised I don't suffer fools gladly, if at all :), perfect qualities of a super mods mod if you ask me :)

Just imagine me and toxic and dancin in charge on a friday night, hit that shut the forum button boys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
me as well had one the otherday absentee landlord and the tenant wanted me to look at the boiler after 9 i was fine till he said dont be late as he likes to be in bed by 10 yep he meant 9 at night

me as well had one the otherday absentee landlord and the tenant wanted me to look at the boiler after 9 i was fine till he said dont be late as he likes to be in bed by 10 yep he meant 9 at night

just let him know your out of hour rates then :)

Re the OP ....so the guy that had booked the job for 9.00 in morning expected you to wait until 9.45 for him to be there? But he is not prepared to allow you to alter the time until 10?
So you waste 45minutes unpaid?
I would have asked him will he pay the extra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to looks like tomorrow will be as busy as I thought in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock