Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for a reliable training company for Plumbing course in London in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Donmaxie

Hi all, I am new to this forum. If any one can advice me on any good and reliable training company for a plumbing course. I am interested in becoming a plumber but I don't know how to go about it.
Thanks for your help.

Hi all, I am new to this forum. If any one can advice me on any good and reliable training company for a plumbing course. I am interested in becoming a plumber but I don't know how to go about it.
Thanks for your help.
Hi Donmaxie & welcome, can I ask how old you are? There is funding if you are younger.
As you are probably aware the normal route into the trade is via a 4 year apprenticeship.

No funding then, stops at 25.
First thing is read all the threads on here about why it is not a good idea to try to become a plumber right now & how dangerous it is to sign up with some training providers (who want to take thousand's £ off you) & will tell you it will be alright.
Secondly find an employer who will take you on as trainee then you will need to find a local college who is running plumbing courses for mature students & enrol.
Long & short of it is Donmaxie, you can not learn how to be a plumber by going to a training provider / college, you have to be working at the same time as learning, if you think it is any different then I am sorry but you are mad.

Read very carefully what Chris watkins has writen ! a lot of very sound advise , Please think about doing somthing else ! Do-Not try these fast track plumbing schools they only want your money ! how much do you think you would earn as a plumber ?? believe me its nowere near what they promise ! Remember a fool and his money are soon parted..
:biggrinjester:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for a reliable training company for Plumbing course in London in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some domestic and new builds here and there. Sole trader working for numerous different companies. Been thinking that maybe it's time I started my own...
Replies
Views
H
  • Article
Lecturers in Plumbing within Construction 36 hours, 52 weeks per year , part time hours will also be considered £32,732- £39,096 per annum plus an additional £2,500 Recruitment and Retention Premium and relocation funding if needed We are looking to recruit Lecturers in Plumbing to deliver...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
J
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock