Search the forum,

Discuss looking for a 1" to 3/4" shower hose reducer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brackenlodge

Can anyone help? I have a 30 yr old Seamaster 30 motor cruiser and the shower mixer unit in the head has a 1" threaded male hose outlet which was connected to a standard 3/4" shower hose via a chromed brass reducer. The reducer has corroded and disintegrated and I have found it impossible to find a replacement as all the reducers I've come across so far are 3/4" to 1/2". A friend suggested replacing the mixer tap with a more modern fitting but that would be very difficult to replace because the pipe connections are out of reach and a gas fridge/floor/holding tank would all have to be removed and reinstated so tha would be a last resort. Does anyone know where I could find a 1" to 3/4" shower hose reducer? - It doesn't matter whether its chrome/brass/white as long as I get something. Tom

Most towns have a trade plumbers merchants which is the oldest and most established one there. They usually have a treasure trove of oddments. The one in my town would have one of those I bet. Have a ring around.

toolstation item 42593 1" to 3/4" brass bush 92p plus delivery.

Thanks Guys, tried oldest local plumbers merchants and toolstation don't have it in stock. I've sent enquiries to a few other online plumbing suppliers and awaiting replies - any other suggestions out there. Tom

How about trying somewhere like BSS, because its a bit bigger than a normal bush (slightly more commercial in size) they might stock something.

I think you might be looking for a yorkshire YP70 fitting from what you described. Most plumbers merchants should have one of these i'd have thought (eg PTS, Plumb Center)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to looking for a 1" to 3/4" shower hose reducer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
I have a brand new, unboxed shower/wet room screen from KRION purchased from Porcelanosa UK. It is the Attica 1 model, as shown in the attached picture from their catalogue. Like on this image ->...
Replies
Views
Sebastian T
S
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock