Search the forum,

Discuss Little embarassing for my company..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Aire

Around 3 years ago, an engineer who was used to work for us installed this boiler. The flue was in my opinion too close to the internal corner of the house but he told me it was fine, I was training for my gas at the time so who was I to argue. You'll see from the pic there is also a window there which at the time of install wasn't openable. The customer around 2 years ago had new Windows fitted, hence the openable window now in the pic. The embarassing bit is my company also installed the windows :oops: (theu did not consult me about the window distance from the boiler). Customer has now complained as they've had someone round to service the boiler who told them if he touched it he would condemn it (and rightly so). Easiest option I can think of fixing this would be a plume kit to 45° it away from the house, elbow up and back out above the gutters. Anyone see an issue with this? I would only realistically be able to get one clip on it though so would that be enough support?

IMG_8462.jpg

Spoke to vaillant, a plume kit would be fine for taking flue gasses away from the window but the air intake would still be too close to an internal corner so only option is a vertical flue :(

Am I right in reading this that the measurement from an internal corner reduces to 25mm when used with a plume management kit and the 300mm then only becomes a recomendation?

20190129_125259.png

If you have fitted a boiler and windows. It would be prudent to fit a vertical flue and keep a happy customer as a plume kit would look hideous

Only way I could re-route internally would be vertically, it's in a small utility so no where else to take it. @quality is right, we messed up so no point trying to bodge it, just do it properly and keep the customer happy.

@scott_d my role is just a plumbing and heating installer. I work for a construction firm and apart from my apprentice I'm the only plumber they have. I don't do quotes or anything, I do survey boiler installs etc but just tell the showroom sales staff what's required and they do the quoting. This boiler or install had nothing to do with me though, I've just got to put it right.

Reply to Little embarassing for my company..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water meter. Then another person called me to schedule a visit and they told me that its not their problem as both the water meter and the leaky stopcock are...
Replies
Views
C
Hello, I'm wondering if you can help me. I have an insurance company who is trying to get me to make my plumber re-quote for work to replace a broken bath. He's included a bath panel with the quote as it's the type of bath that requires a panel (and the original style is not available so can't...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating engineers, asking what would they recommend for heating a granny annexe being built onto the side of my house, in place of the garage, most would give me a suggestion to put in a) an extension to the existing boiler rad circuit & electric water heaters...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
Hi guys, Just looking for a bit of advice really. last week we had our carbon monoxide alarm go off upstairs. We have 2 alarms in the house, the other one (downstairs) gave a leak flow history of 17PPM So I got someone in from British Gas, he did lots of combustion and air quality checks...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock