Search the forum,

Discuss Liability Insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

waddmiester

Gas Engineer
Guys,
New to the forum so hello!
Finally going it alone, any one got some good tips on the best / cheapest providers for insurance to cover gas, plumbing HETAS work?
regards,
Wadders

Welcome, I'm in the same boat getting my first quotes found tradesman saver the cheapest so far

I'm about to start looking too. What are your plans going forward getting work? Advertising etc?

I've got a local tile shop have said I can have my cards on the counter and will push my name for customers that come in then normal advertising/sign writing also a chippy mate that is going to start advertising bathrooms and wants me to do the plumbing side of things so I'm getting a little help from others to.

Good stuff amw, big jump then if you are going from employed without any work to go on to. I'm hoping to be ready towards the end of the month going to start pushing things now tho.

Hi Dave,
I'm already booking work in.
I've deliberately not poached any customers because I don't think that is fair.
i've used the tried and tested method of family and friends in the first instance.
i'm looking to sort my insurance on Tuesday and get cracking immediately.
Business card and flyer to estate agents / landlords etc.
social media and possibly a small website where I can advertise my work.
Not planning to advertise in the first instance, I'll see how it goes.

Try pushing yourself and try to get work for when you start then you have something to start with luckily I've got people that want me to do there work and are willing to wait until I'm on my own so I know I've got that little buffer to start with

I'm with corgi insurance.
not the cheapest, but they paid out when needed last year!

I'm with Thistle after being with the co op for fifteen plus years. £300 ish pounds a year.

Hi Dave,
I'm already booking work in.
I've deliberately not poached any customers because I don't think that is fair.
i've used the tried and tested method of family and friends in the first instance.
i'm looking to sort my insurance on Tuesday and get cracking immediately.
Business card and flyer to estate agents / landlords etc.
social media and possibly a small website where I can advertise my work.
Not planning to advertise in the first instance, I'll see how it goes.

Agree about poaching waddmeister, you have a very similar plan to me. I hope it works out for you.

Try direct line. I have van insurance with them so they did bigger discount on trade

Toolsnrules
That is cheap.
Tradesman saver is £323 with 2million PL and no tool cover.

What is the standard level of PL cover that most people are going for - 2 million seems to be the minimum.

Toolsnrules
That is cheap.
Tradesman saver is £323 with 2million PL and no tool cover.

What is the standard level of PL cover that most people are going for - 2 million seems to be the minimum.

Tradesman saver was £363 for 2mill cover and 2000 grands worth of tool cover.

Just tried a direct line quote and that was really dear

Yes AMW, Direct Line was upwards of £400.
with 2mill and some tool cover it's looking at about 350 upwards.
Tradesman saver have tried to ring me twice today, I wander if they will offer some discount over the phone ???

Yes AMW, Direct Line was upwards of £400.
with 2mill and some tool cover it's looking at about 350 upwards.
Tradesman saver have tried to ring me twice today, I wander if they will offer some discount over the phone ???

They are phoning me back at the end of the week as when they rang twice before the weekend, missed first 1 and didn't have time to talk the second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Liability Insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock