Search the forum,

Discuss LEVEL 3 (City and Guilds) or NVQ 2??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gary Lee

Hey guys..

Ive just finished level 2 (C&G) .... and about to start level 3 ... Im not sure if I'm doing the right thing though. Im now thinking to do the level 2 NVQ first. The level 3 is costing me 3grand... and its only the NVQ that will get me a job firstly.

The level 3 is the gateway into the Gas side of things however. At present I'm just aiming to be a maintenance plumber in the NHS, so very basic stuff like changing taps, installing sinks etc. and then move into real plumbing in a few years using the NHS for experience.

has anyone got any feedback on the level 3 and is it worth doing before getting the level 2 NVQ..... i can also do the NVQ whilst doing the level 3 as the level 3 is part time weekends and i can do the NVQ through my work.

cheers in advance
gaz

Gaz, this is one of 'them' lol, I did my level 3, mainly because if I commit and start something I like to give it 100%.
So I have the satisfaction knowing I finished it.
Nobody ,namely a customer has ever asked me if I was qualified. So I could have finished on level 2 , I think you will find the same.

I started my level 3 course in July 2011. Due to the course changing that summer, I was on the new syllabus. The old level 3 course was an absolute doddle. It wasnt so much C&G but our College that was appalling to the point where there are still lads who haven't completed the course to this very day!! Me? I dropped out before Christmas and paid for my own ACS. Level 3 isn't necessary at all.

I started my level 3 course in July 2011. Due to the course changing that summer, I was on the new syllabus. The old level 3 course was an absolute doddle. It wasnt so much C&G but our College that was appalling to the point where there are still lads who haven't completed the course to this very day!! Me? I dropped out before Christmas and paid for my own ACS. Level 3 isn't necessary at all.

all depends if you go and work on your own or whether you want to prove to a potential employer you have depth of knowledge and can sit down and plan a domestic heating system that works and is installed properly to the correct standards.

you might wish to register and prove you know what you are talking about as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to LEVEL 3 (City and Guilds) or NVQ 2??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock