Discuss Leaking toilet can anyone help please in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
An anyone help fix

issue started with constantly dripping in bowl. Changed the value on the fill part

now noticed this part is constantly dripping and I believe causing further dripping in to toilet. So much water comes in to the cizsten aswell.

can anyone offer any help

Attachments

• IMG_6508.MOV
    9.6 MB
If the fill valve is working correctly, issue is the flush valve. Try turning off the water supply and see whether the cistern empties or remains fullish.

When the water is turned off. The water stops dripping in the toilet and stopped dripping from the fill part as shown on the video.
Water on / cistern rather full. Think too much water in abs drips constant in bowl and from the part (video)

If the fill valve is working correctly, issue is the flush valve. Try turning off the water supply and see whether the cistern empties or remains fullishwuen the

Unfortunately I cannot see a video - only sound.

From your description I would suggest the new valve is ether faulty and overfilling and that the water is overflowing into the pan OR that the fill valve is setup incorrectly and trying to maintain a fill level that is higher than the internal overflow level. Hope this helps.

Unfortunately I cannot see a video - only sound.

From your description I would suggest the new valve is ether faulty and overfilling and that the water is overflowing into the pan OR that the fill valve is setup incorrectly and trying to maintain a fill level that is higher than the internal overflow level. Hope this helps.
Thank you very much. The fill value just kept running regardless of the weight. So was overfilling into the internal overflow. Replaced it with a new fill value and now works fine.
Thanks all for your advice in solving this issue

Closed please use your original thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking toilet can anyone help please in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern...
Replies
Views
Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the...
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant...
Replies
Views
Hi Can anyone identify the make and model of these taps please? We have one dripping bathroom sink tap but the plumber we had couldn't find a way...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock